In an effort to create transparency, the management teams of the Kimball Office, National, and Kimball electronics brands decided to publicly report their Greenhouse Gases and Climate Change information.
Kimball Office, National office Furniture, and Kimball Electronics voluntarily submitted data on Greenhouse Gas emissions, Climate Change risk, and strategies to the Carbon Disclosure Project in 2011. The submission will continue to be completed on an annual basis. The Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) is an independent, not-for-profit organization working to drive greenhouse gas emissions reduction and sustainable water use by businesses and cities. The CDP holds the largest collection globally of self-reported climate change data. Through their global system, companies and cities are better able to mitigate risk, capitalize on opportunities and make investment decisions that drive action towards a more sustainable world.
Kimball Electronics was recognized by customer Johnson Controls, Incorporated with that company’s 2011 Leadership Award for Sustainability. Kimball Electronics was one of only six suppliers to receive such a Leadership Award, which recognizes leadership in business practices for sustainability in environmental impact.
The award recognized Kimball Electronics for:
- Embracing sustainability as a core value of the company.
- Conducting business in a safe, sustainable manner, complying with laws and regulations,
- Focusing on reducing the company’s carbon footprint in its activities and operations,
- Achieving top tier scores in the Johnson Controls Supplier Scorecard for Sustainability,
- Participating in the Carbon Disclosure Project.